The Department of Performing Arts, Sri Palee Campus, and University of Colombo aims to produce a graduate with a strong capacity to function as a professional in the field of Performing Arts and allied array of fields.
He/ She is a person who has the ability to operate within an institutional set up as a self-motivated professional and to engage with the society in critical and creative manner; with an acute sense of social responsibilities, is motivated to contribute to the wellbeing of people and development of society.
A performing Arts graduate of Sri Palee campus should be
- Academically excellent:
Having a knowledge in the basics of an array of relevant practices, and an in depth knowledge and highly strong skill in the specialized discipline.
- Skilled in performing, writing, research and communication.
- Able to critically examine, synthesize and evaluate knowledge across a broad range of disciplines.
- Able to apply new technologies relevant to performing arts.
Highly employable and able to contribute to national development:
- Able to apply academically gained knowledge in wider contexts.
- Able to work under pressure with adaptability and flexibility, showing respect for authority and respect for colleagues.
- Having a strong process-oriented approach to work. Keen about the quality of the process, yet having a good sense of goal.
- Having good leadership and team building skills and capacity to work in a team.
- Able to work independently with self-confidence and a willingness to accept responsibility.
- Having conflict transformation skills, non-violent communication skills and operating with professional ethics.
Sensitive global citizen:
- Respecting the cultures and values of others.
- Having a high regard for human rights, equity and ethics.
- Committed to improving the sustainability of the environment.