In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning and other Library activities, the Sri Palee Campus Library require all user community to comply with the following General Rules and Regulations. Library user community may not involve in conduct that disrupts or interferes with the normal operations of the Library, its staff, or its use by other visitors. Failure to comply with the University Libraries User Guidelines may result in immediate suspension of library privileges.
- University/campus Identity card is compulsory for getting access to the library (Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid campus) Identity Cards
- Library Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources
- Books borrowed by one reader must not be passed on to another but must in all cases be returned to the library and officially re-issued. A reader may not borrow books in anyone’s name but his/her own. Silence to be maintained.
- Silence to be maintained.
The quiet atmosphere in the libraries ensures a pleasant and inspiring study environment. Therefore, no discussion permitted inside the library.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Library property requires careful handling. Patrons may be held liable for any damage caused by improper handling of library materials.
(Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue) .
- Food, water and beverages may not be taken into the library.
- Copying from dissertations
Taking photos/videos from dissertation supplied by the campus library must comply with the terms of current Sri Lankan copyright law.
Failure to return books – Borrowers who fail to return overdue books may be required to pay the overdue charge per book or the charge levied by the library counter. Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue fine will be charged for the delayed period as follows,
Lending books –per day Rs. 5.00
Reference books –per day Rs.10.00
DVD-per day Rs.10.00
If the books are lost, immediately should be informed to the library in writing. Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or should pay cost of the book and other relevant charges approved by the campus authority.
Loss of cards:
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the library counter in writing. Duplicate card may be issued after two weeks on request. Charging for new card is Rs. 10. 00
No due Certificate:
Each student shall obtain no dues certificate from the library after finished their final year examinations and returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.