- DR/SAR/AR of the Campus who will act as the Secretary/Convener
- Chairperson Head of the Faculty QA Cell
- Chairperson of the Curriculum and Academic Development Committee/Curriculum Review Committee
- Heads of Departments or a senior academic or above representing each of the Departments.
- Head of the Campus Strategic Planning Committee
- Senior Assistant Librarian
- Director of the Research Center
|Rector||Prof. R.C.K. Hettiarachchi|
|Chairperson||Dr. K. V. Dhanapala|
|Chairperson of CDC/CRC||Dr. Tudor Weerasinghe|
|Heads of Departments||Dr. K. V. Dhanapala, Dept. of Languages, Head of the Campus Strategic Planning Committee|
|Dr. DharmaKeerthi Sri Ranjan, Departments of Mass Media, Coordinator/ Research Center|
|Mr. Bageshri Fonseka, Department of Computer Studies|
|Mr. Chinthaka Bandara, Department of Performing Arts|
|Senior Asst. Librarian||Dr. Wathsala Athukorala|
|Deputy Registrar/ Convener||Mrs. T.M.H.P.K. Gunathilaka|
Responsibilities and Duties of the Committee
- To promote quality enhancement activities within the Campus liaising with Curriculum & Academic Development Committee, Curriculum Review Committee, and other Campus Committees and Departments.
- To liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of the University of Colombo, in facilitating the conduct of Institutional Review and Program Reviews in the Campus.
- To prepare documents necessary for Institutional and Program Reviews.
- To facilitate implementation of follow-up actions recommended in Institution/ Program /Subject Review reports, and monitor progress in their implementation.
- To liaise with IQA Cells in other Faculties/Institutes/Schools within the University of Colombo, to share good practices and enhance the quality of higher education in Sri Lanka.
- To collate and analyze Campus QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- To devise and suggest additional QA measures or changes to the existing measures, based on the data collected on various QA indicators such as peer feedback, student evaluation reports, and external reviews.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Chairperson
- Liaise with the Director, Internal Quality Assurance Unit of the University to coordinate university level Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Represent the Campus in all QA related activities.
- Organize Campus level QA meetings.
- Suggest names of members to the Rector, to be appointed as domain coordinators or members for each criterion in the Quality Assurance Manuals of the UGC.
- Provide guidance to the domain coordinators and prepare the Campus level Internal QA Reports with their support.
- Liaise with professional quality assurance and accreditation bodies on matters pertaining to QA and accreditation, if required.
- Monitor the collation and analysis of Campus level internal QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- Work with other related committees and units within the Campus on matters related to QA.
- Answer and address issues related to QA raised by the faculty members in general and by the QA domain coordinators in particular.
- Report the activities of the Campus IQA Cell to the Campus Board and IQAU regularly.